Friday, March 11, 2011

VAN'S shoes were cool back then too?

... not that they're cool now cause they're not so much. Really.

There's been a little bit of "yesterday" talking going on around and I started scanning some of my older pictures to remind people they ain't always been as cool and hip as they think they are now. Oh man, did I score when I found a picture of the one and only "Tooler" from 1981 (what, was I like 12 maybe?) on my first "bike" (nah, it wasn't no Sportster. As you can see, it was a 110 cc Honda Trike! I'll call it a Trike cause that makes it sound pretty bad-ass. It was an ATC). I needed Van's to slip my foot out of every time I ran over my own leg(s) and they got dragged under the wheels. It didn't happen very often, but when it did.... thus they called me the "Tooler." As in "What a Tool!"

You know I just make all that up right? Believe what you will. But it really is a pic of me from like 30 some years ago. Thanks Dad I owe you big time!

No comments: