Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ruckus Ride (3 of 5) The Chowder Barge

 The RUCKUS RIDE took us to a place in Wilmington, on the water's edge for dinner. What else would you order form a placed named the "chowder barge" but chowder. And, that's what I got. The best chowder I've ever had, and I've had a lot of it up in Oregon years back. So yeah, it was pretty good. If you don't believe me go check Yelp. This place had a 70's feel to it too, the hanging fireplace and the nautical nick nacks all over the place put this on the map. Keep in mind, there's hundreds of "diamonds in the rough" in Los Angeles, where hipsters, scenesters, money, and "fame" (celebrity bullshit is so damn tiring... take a bath Kard"ass"ian you stink!) rule, here's a little place that just doesn't play to that crowd and it's perfect for what it is. Forget trendy (can you say "overpriced?" I think you can) spots on Fairfax, on Sunset; find (link >>) The Chowder Barge, and these types of places and you'll have a fullfilled life by the end of December ... 21st, the end of the world.








2 comments:

WhitelinePsycho said...

Great write up man, we have a similar though smaller, scenester, hipster, fakester thing going on where I call home . . . you just got avoid the shit and feed around the edges to keep it real . . . I love you for your mind !!!

Chris/Blue Collar Moto said...

Glad you got a pic of my food. I was so hungry when I came in from having a smoke I totally forgot about it.