Tuesday, May 8, 2012

OSCAR, R.I.P.







The Lady Hump posts a ton of photos (daily) of motorcycle events, rides, runs, parties, camp-outs, beer fests, you name it, if it's even slightly chopper related in Southern California, you stand a pretty good chance of catching pictures of it here. That being said, as many posts as we make every day, this is the first time I think I've ever compiled a "memorial post." This post has a different purpose. This is a remembrance post.

I wanted to post some pictures of Oscar (Goat) who passed away while I was out of the country (April 28th 2012). Subsequently I missed his farewell party too. I only rode with him a few times, once on the North Drinks With South II run and camping trip and again on a few of the Wednesday Beerbreed Bike Nights down in San Diego. He was a stand up guy. 

My heart goes out to his family (both those by blood and those by oil) who continue on. I know how hard it can be to lose a close and loved family member. He's in a better place now and Riding Free.
Rest In Peace Oscar.

2 comments:

WhitelinePsycho said...

Sympathies, Humpers.

BeerBreed said...

The soul of this Gray Beard has touched me. I wrote this for you buddy. Glad you went out with bars in your hands and throttle wide open.

The High Road

As you ride your V twin to the high road
You leave behind the physical world
Your simple and loving ways
paved a road to new freedoms
Rolling roads thru sun filled mountain.
Heavenly knees in the breeze
your ride to the high road

Oscar I will carry your name with
respect and love for you and yours
See you on the high road

Love Atom Rotten
BeerBreed
22

G.O.A.T = Greatest of all Times