Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Nobody talks about the White Elephant in the Room ...

"Cruising the Long Beach Cycle Swap. Picking up a new "Lone Wolf Pack" Club Patch and some new Chaps for my ride to Cooks Corner next month if I can make it. I know some dudes who know a guy riding to Sturgis, that's too far for my bike unless I got another oil change and I don't have a ride to the Dealers or to pick it up. I gotta work anyway, Orange Julius ain't going to squeeze itself. So I'm noticing all these old bikes in the parking lot? What is up with that? Why don't they trade them in? Look at them leaking! They're probably not worth anything anymore. You can't expect to screw up a bike and then expect anyone to pay for it..."

And now for something completely different ...

I'm so into thin bars right now, asthetically speaking, that when I see something akin to what must make a riding experience like controlling a Blue Whale... I'm flabber-gasted.
There's usually three or four example of these "Huge Bars" in the lot each week. And honestly, I have no idea what they call them? The "cool" term... because they're not _____. I don't even think my arms could stretch far enough (insert Stretch Armstrong joke here) to turn corners. My advice, ride what you like; but ask yourself why your bars are over a foot wider than most every other bike in the lot? I get thinner... it's the practicality of splitting lanes in Los Angeles. I don't get "Huge Bars."

3 comments:

WhitelinePsycho said...

Too funny mate, throw all those stupid, dumbarsed modified things away, total rubbish . . .

krawlinsnake said...

Bars on the heritage are called "beach bars" because they look like beach cruiser bars and they help navigate riding your motorcycle more effectively around roller skaters, tourists and people walking the dogs on beach boardwalks..

Zombie Performance said...

im gonna start making everything a foot wider now.