Thursday, September 20, 2012

3:00 AM "Bounty Call"

 Speaking of Barn Finds. There aren't any "barns" in Southern California.
Or are there?
Last night, or rather early today. At 3:00 am, Atom (24 Cycles) rolls up to my pad and wants to show me the latest greatest. I was busy in the garage cooking. I stepped out and was nearly blinded by the metal flake on this bike. True, she's been through a lot. But she's a survivor and that's more than most can say in this day and age. Nothing a week of restoration wouldn't do to fit the glass slipper and turn this sweet child back into the show bike that it was. Or was it a show bike? Probably not. They built bikes back in the day to ride too didn't they. Yes, they did. Today, this would be built to compete, be displayed, and gawked at on the Lawn of David Mann or the (please God no...) Easyrider Abortionfest. A bike like this should be ridden. The only people who should gawk at this bike are the cagers and the crows...
 I love the molded frame around this seat.


 The rear fender reads; Paint by Robert (Superman)
??? Anyone know of this guy ???


3 comments:

WhitelinePsycho said...

Great find . . . but what the fuck were you 'cooking' in the garage at three in the a.m . . . on the other hand, don't tell me, I'd rather the mental image of the Lady Hump remain untainted by the thoughts of criminal behaviour and desperate cravings.

Lady Hump said...

Ha! No dude, it was just a hot ass Southern California night. I have a front door that faces the beach, if there's any breeze my whole house is cooled. If there's no breeze, forget about it. This night had no breeze so I was out in the garage goofn' on the Shovel....

WhitelinePsycho said...

Too funny man, did you mention the word 'shovel' on this blog . . . tsk tsk . . . we'll have to compare notes at some point Al, keep on Humpin, stay safe.