Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Remembering ARTURO ZAMARRIPA through his letters

It's been one month today since we lost Arturo Zamarripa to a careless driver making a left hand turn ending forever the bright life of one of the most caring people I have ever had the chance to cross paths with. I have often spoken of his uniqueness in our small community and circles of friends and of the letters he would write to me and Lady Alizon over the years. I'd like to share some of those on the blog over time, and although they're somewhat personal in nature, overall they speak volumes to being appreciative for what you have while you have it, and to most importantly cherish and care about your friends. Arturo always challenged me to stick with my beliefs and encouraged me to fight the good fights! One can say he was somewhat responsible in the direction we traveled together, although I'm sure he would argue the opposite.


"Some people believe in Angels, I believe in Unicorns."

~ Arturo Zamarripa




When Arturo traveled solo on his Fiddler's Green trip (2016) from the Pacific Coast to the Gulf Coast and back again, we received this short postcard from him. He summarized his trip like being in a dream he didn't want to wake up from. For more details on his trip, anyone can still read through his Instagram posts under the account @Lucinda_Blue_Velvet






Thank you Arturo for being part of all our lives. We love you!





These Arturo pictures are from the Giant Rock Run 2014

No comments: