Saturday, August 27, 2016

Sturgis 50th Anniversary v. Sturgis 75th Anniversary

Last year I visited the Devils Tower National Monument and had the opportunity to notice a poster hanging next to the Ice Cream shop in the Devils Tower Trading Post. Although I didn't get a picture of it at the time, I then asked if anyone was going to Sturgis next year (2016, this year) to please take a couple shots of this poster for me. Huge thanks to Jessica @Playfulplumeria for taking these shots of that poster (even with the glare) THANK YOU!



Here's a quick observation; Sturgis in 1990 v. Sturgis 2015

The most noticeable differences?

(aside from the lack of Baggers in 1990, you might count maybe a few...)

The complete lack of corporate footprints in 1990... 

~ versus ~

The diarrhea of advertising 2015



People have different opinions on the current ever increasing ever marginalizing corporate involvement-infiltration involved in motorcycle(s) "profiteer" events/etc., but if you have any question as to my opinion, it's this:

FUCK YOUR CORPORATE SPONSORS

We didn't need them before (as is evident) and YOU really don't need them now. 

Support Grassroots

Refuse and Resist

DO IT YOURSELF

Eliminate the Corporate Agendas

Make Friends Not Fans


1 comment:

Dustin Blackesthart said...

Sometimes I think corporate sponsorship is ok but then I see something like this and it's just a giant ad for everything I don't need or want.