Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Take off the rose colored glasses...


Think of this the next time you see a handful of top tier sponsor logos presenting, powering, or hosting a mega-chopper show....

"What's the big deal?"

"I don't care who the sponsors are..."

"A couple (of dozen) logos on a flyer never bothers me..."

"I just go for the free beer!"

"I only ride old knuckleheads so none of this applies to me..."


Until you realize there's ulterior agendas at work. Large corporations have successfully infiltrated the blossoming (uncontrolled growth potential) "scene" (for lack of a better word. Ask a hipster for advice if you're confused) by mere "shiny bead" tactics. "We'll give them some free stuff, and they'll eat right out of our hands... ha ha ha!" Pure Fat Cat money men maneuvering. 

So what's this all about then?

SKYNET

Somewhere there is a computer algorithm defined to identify and classify shop phone numbers and addresses and prevent sales from (insert company name here) to your independent "small shop." Effectively denying you the ability to create a unique business and monopolizing the only avenues for new part acquisitions. Of course, you could always "buy Chinese" but you're a prideful kinda guy (or gal) and you wanna support the USA (note to self; most of the parts are still made overseas... shhhhhh).

"None of this sounds very Chopper at all..."

"I'm voting for Hillary, she'll fix everything..."

"I bought my Sportster USED, so I'm okay...."

"I'm one of the extremely few elite that can just have some connected friends fab the parts I need..."

"It's not fair... (insert whaa whaa sounds effects)"


It's (big) business. Nothing more. 

Have a complimentary energy drink and go buy a t-shirt ....


No comments: